The IPL 2023 will start on March 31 in Ahmadabad. The format of IPL is based on T20 and is organized in India every year. Ten teams will be participating in IPL 2023, in which players from India and every corner of the world play for different teams.
When will IPL 2023 start?
Gujarat Titans and Chennai Super Kings will play the first match of IPL 2023 on Friday, March 31. The match will play at Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmadabad. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) announced the IPL 2023 on February 17, 2023. Different states in India are decided as IPL 2023 venues.
IPL 2023 final date and venue
The final match of the IPL will be played on May 28, 2023, where we will get IPL 2023 winner. However, the venue of this match has yet to be decided. The BCCI will announce it after the IPL begins.
IPL 2023 format
The format of IPL 2023 is similar to previous ones, as the ten teams are divided into two groups of five. In the IPL 2023 groups stage, each team plays 14 games facing the other four teams in their group two times each (one home and one away game), four teams in the other group once, and the remaining team two times.
IPL 2023 mega auction date
IPL 2023 players were auctioned on December 23, 2022. Total of 10 franchises bid on around 405 players. BCCI has released the list of these players, including 273 Indian players, while 132 foreign players will participate in this event. The IPL 2023 schedule was also determined in this auction.
IPL mini auction 2023
The mini-auction IPL 2023 was held in Bangalore n December 16. In addition, this specific auction was completed in Kochi. In addition, this specific mini-auction is organized by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
IPL 2023 team list
According to the latest data, there are a total of ten teams that participate in the Indian premier league. However, two teams, including Gujarat Titans and Lucknow Super Giants (LSG). Apart from this, there is a list of IPL teams, including:
- Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Sunrises Hyderabad
- Chennai Super Kings
- Delhi Capitals (DC)
- Mumbai Indians (MI)
- Rajasthan Royals (RR)
- Punjab Kings (PBKS)
- Kolkata Knight Riders
In addition, the first edition of the Indian Premier League was held in DY Patil stadium, Mumbai. Rajasthan Royals win it. The winning team won the tournament by three wickets, and they scored 164 runs; the Player of the series award was given to Shane Watson.
IPL 2023 new team
On October 25, closed bidding was held, and CVC Capital and RPSG Group won the bids for the two teams. CVC paid 5,200 crores for Ahmadabad, while RPSG won Lucknow for 7,000 crores. The teams were named Gujarat Titans and Lucknow Super Giants. These are the newest teams in the IPL tournament. Gujarat Titans won the 15th edition of IPL, entirely played in Maharashtra. However, the final match was conducted in the Narendra Modi Stadium, Gujarat.
Let’s recall the names of the winners in IPL from 2008 to 2022:
- 2008. In 2008 it was the start of the IPL, there were few teams in the IPL and the audience was very excited about the match. The stadium was full of an audience and people were cheering for their favorite team. The winner of the season was Rajasthan Royals.
- 2009. This is the second year after the IPL was started and people were waiting for new winners in the team. The winner of IPL 2009 was Deccan Chargers and the team was led by Adam Gilchrist.
- 2010. The fans of IPL were demanding the tournament now. The winner of 2010 IPL was Chennai Super Kings, the captain of this team was MS Dhoni.
- 2011. In 2011, Chennai Super Kings repeated the history of last year and the team became the winner again.
- 2012. In 2012 the Kolkata Knight Riders took the IPL trophy 2012. KKR is owned by Shahrukh Khan
- 2013. In 2013 finally, the moment came when Mumbai Indians took the trophy of IPL and this happened in 2013. This team is owned by Mukesh Ambani.
- 2014. In 2014 KKR again took over the trophy of the IPL and made his team win in the match.
- 2015. It felt like now Mumbai Indians is right on the track because in 2015 he took the second trophy of IPL.
- 2016. In 2016, Hyderabad changed its name from Deccan Chargers to Sunrisers Hyderabad and also took over the trophy of IPL in that year.
- 2017. Now, comes 2017 and in that year, Mumbai Indians took the trophy.
- 2018. Till now, many new players were also added to all the teams, so in this year also Chennai super Kings took over the trophy of 2018.
- 2019. In 2019 also, Mumbai Indians took over the trophy of 2019 IPL.
- 2020. By winning 2 years continuously again Mumbai Indians became the winner of IPL in 2020.
- 2021. In the last match of 2021 Chennai super kings won and lifted the trophy of IPL.
- 2022. The title belongs to the Gujarat Titans cricket team.
How many players can be retained in IPL 2023?
As per IPL 2023, there is no limit to keeping players to be retained for all the teams. Any number of players can be retained by any team under the IPL 2023 retention date, according to an official report; each team can spend an extra Rs 5 crore. After the auction, 163 players in total are retained by the ten teams participating in the Indian Premier League.
IPL 2023 retention rules
IPL governing council has finalized the retention rules for the franchises. As per the new IPL 2023 auction retention rules, each franchise will be allowed to retain a maximum of three players and two Right to Match or RTM cards.
Women’s IPL 2023 team list
There are a total of five teams participating in Women’s IPL. The first edition of Women IPL will be organized in 2023. Here is a list of women’s teams in the IPL match 2023:
- Mumbai Indians
- Gujarat Giants
- Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Delhi Capitals
- Lucknow Warriors
BCCI has announced men’s like IPL for women this year and also decided on women’s IPL 2023 schedule. The first edition of WPL started on March 4 between Mumbai Indians and Gujarat Giants.
IPL 2023 sponsor List
There are a total of 14 sponsors, with eight of them being startups. The associate sponsors are:
- and Meesho.
On the other hand – Dream11, Tata Neu, and Byju are co-presenting sponsors.
IPL 2023 telecast channel
Several channels telecast Vivo IPL 2023 live so that people can take advantage of lucrative IPL 2023 at their homes. BCCI has sold the IPL 2023 broadcasting rights to many telecast channels, such as:
- Disney Hotstar
- Star India Network
- Star Sports
- Jio Cinema
In addition, people can watch IPL 2023 live streaming on Jio Cinema in 12 languages. The reason is that there are different languages spoken in several states in India, that’s why all kinds of people can watch IPL 2023.